How does it works?
Also called cold water immersion (CWI) or cryotherapy, the practice of taking a 10 to 15 minute dip in very cold water. Ice bath can trigger a floodgate of mood-enhancing chemicals in the brain by awaking a natural ‘fight-or-flight’ response. This response to ‘environmental stress’ works by conditioning the brain to cope better with the stressors of everyday life. It also decreases the production of inflammatory cytokines which are linked to anxiety and depression. After the initial temperature shock, our bodies are able to calm down and become more resilient to changes in our environment.
Ice bath submersion helps repair damage associated with intense physical training. When you immerse yourself in ice cold water, your blood vessels constrict; when you get out, they dilate. This process helps flush away metabolic waste post-workout, especially in the lymph nodes, the clear fluid made up of white blood cells and fluid from your intestines. Increasing your blood flow floods your cells with nutrients and oxygen to help your body recover faster.
Why is our device the best?
- One of the most valuable technologies used in elite sport
- Unique innovative refrigeration technology
- The technology used provide reliable, repeatable, tightly controlled parameters that ensure the alleviation of delayed onset muscle soreness with consistent predictable results while reducing muscle damage and shortening your recovery time
- Physical recovery.
- Weight loss.
- Increased parasympathetic activity.
- Reduce inflammation and swelling.
- Improve mood.
Session time and frequency of use
You can get benefits from just one session of ice bath, but it's most effective when used regularly. Sessions are usually timed between 3 to 15 minutes depending on your resilience and experience with cryotherapy. Our iced bath temperature goes down up to 2 degrees.